Municipality of Petrovac na Mlavi is characterized by an interesting combination of flat and higher terrain interwoven with homolian peaks. In accordance with these characteristics natural hiking trails are attracting visitors to explore and are inviting on new adventures. Villages in the municipality of Petrovac na Mlavi abound with such trails of various lengths, slopes and weighs depending on the affinity of visitors. Some of the proposals of the Tourist organization are hiking trails.
- The path that leads from the „Gornjacka promenade „ to the center of Zdrelo and further to the monastery Reskovica in the village of Zdrelo.
- The path that leads from the „Gornjacka promenade„ to the center of Zdrelo and further to the Holy Trinity monastery in the village of Zdrelo.
- Trail in Stamnica that leads from the village center to the „Izvor„ at the foot of the mountain peak Kukolj.
- Trail through Bistrica that leads from the village center to the church of emperor Constantine and empress Jelena and further to the top of Lukin Kamen.
- The road that leads to the left from the center of the village of Covdin to the top of Krilas.
- Trail that leads from the „Gornjacka promenade„ to the center of the village Zdrelo and further to the top of Vukan.
- The path leading from the fountain „4 pipes“ through the Gornjacka gorge to the monastery Mitropolija and Holy Mother of God.
- Road leading from the village Vitovnica next to the "Dragojevic" pond along the river Vitovnica to the Trest resort.
Natural characteristics of the municipality of Petrovac na Mlavi allows people to ride their bikes on different terrains and roads. This kind of activity represents a recreation for the whole family and local roads are a good basis for this type of adventure. Off course, as roads are not very well defined as a cyclist it is essential to be more careful and driving is adapted to the given conditions. However , trails of reduced traffic intensity that leads through the nature off course they can give a real adventure and exploring of municipality in this way too. Some of these trails are:
- Trails in the village of Zdrelo
- Trails in the village of Vitovnica
- Trails in the village of Bistrica
- The path that connects the villages of Malo Laole and Veliko Laole
- Trail through the village of Kladurovo
- Trails in the village of Ćovdin i Šetonje
Municipality of Petrovac na Mlavi is recognized by numerous fans of sport fishing, as a destination ideal for this kind of recreation. River Mlava with it's adhess , a lake in Ždrelo and Korenica in Busur with it's attractiveness and fish fund, attract on this kind of nature experience. For fans of trout fish, there are restaurants which offer these kind of specialties as well.
Bevel and climat of this part of Serbia classified municipality Petrovac na Mlavi in areas of exceptional conditions for hunting development ( camera hunting ). Municipality has the significant fund of savages. Hunting grounds are on the altitude of 100 meters - 940 meters. These areas inhabit the deer, wild boar , rabbit, partridge, pheasant, with other words tall , short , and feathered savage. Two of the biggest hunting associations who are landloars in the area of municipality are hunting association " Trest " and hunting association " Krilaš ". Hunting grounds are marked by hiking trails. The terrain is rich in forests and a variety of plant species and give real pleasure to nature lovers.